Hike for Hospice 2019 – Complete Photo Album
Published on: May 22, 2019
We are so grateful for our first sunny day in five years of Hike for Hospice. Thank you to everyone who participated, volunteered, donated, got in the spirit, shared the word, or contributed in any way! In part, because of the great vibe you brought, and the perfect sunshine, we did not have a mutiny when the generator blew out during our morning Opening Stretch. We had over 349 happy people over the course of the day. Another big, group hug for hospice care!
On May 5th, we announced $90,680 raised in total at the 17th Annual Hike for Toronto Hospice Partners. For Emily’s House / Philip Aziz Centre for Hospice Care, $74,393 was raised and pledges continue.
Thank you to Sponsors:
Thank you to Sponsors: Mount Pleasant Group / Toronto Necropolis; the anonymous donor of Smokin Bones BBQ; Swish Quality Cleaning Products; LINK Integrated Health; Hilton Hotels, Toronto; Artik Promotions; Resilience Fitness; Ports Toronto; Starbucks; and Steve's Music. Supporters / Prize Donors: Afterglow Yoga Studio, Beaches East; Canada's Wonderland; CN Tower; Costco; Dairy Queen; Danny Marks Band; Epicure Shop; Good Cheese; Loblaws; Pet Value; ROM; Science Centre; Sobeys; TSO; and, Wet n Wild. Thank you to our national sponsors, engaged through the Canadian Hospice and Palliative Care Association: Amgen, Bayshore Health Care and GSK.
Congratulations to our Prize Winners:
- ♦ Top Fundraiser: Vicky Tsorlinis, PAC/Emily’s House Volunteer @ $25,740 – wow!!!
- ♦ 2nd Top Fundraiser: Karen Cross, Emily’s House Nurse @ $11,700
- ♦ 3rd Top Fundraiser: Sandra Pate, Emily’s House Volunteer @ $5,065
- ♦ 4th Top Fundraiser: Janet Rice, Emily’s House Volunteer @ $1,810
- ♦ Top Youth Team Fundraisers: PAC YAC @ $850 despite having their bake sale rained out a few weeks ago!
- ♦ Top Team Fundraisers: Ava’s Angels @ $11,950
- ♦ Top Dog … who wore a Hawaiian lei and paraded about working the crowd early in the day.
- ♦ Plus, all the folks who raised $100+ … this makes a huge difference in providing hospice care!
Photo credits: Mark Frankel, Volunteer Photographer / Philosopher; plus contributions from Emily’s House nurses Karen Cross and Sandra Ross.