Toronto Hike for Hospice Partners – Join Team Emily’s House / PAC – Sunday, May 5, 2019
Published on: January 17, 2019
JOIN TEAM EMILY’S HOUSE / PAC!!!
Toronto Hike for Hospice Partners – Sunday, May 5, 2019
Riverdale Park West, 201 Winchester St., Toronto (Carlton / Sumach Streets)
Registration at 9:30 a.m. / Hike at 11 a.m. $25 to register.
Additional fundraising is encouraged. Have afor hospice!
Everyone eventually will be touched by hospice care – in their community, family, and in their own home. We invite you to help us offer compassionate care and support for families in our community. Come hike with us!
- – 5KM Hike in Riverdale Park
- – 2KM Walk in historic Cabbagetown
- – Live Music — Live Music featuring Danny Marks – blues guitarist and host of JAZZ.FM91's Saturday Night Blues
- – BBQ / Kids Party / Crafts / Activities
- – PRIZES!!! For the first hikers to raise $100 or more, as quantities available.
Emily’s House / Philip Aziz Centre and Hospice Toronto have again joined forces, as Toronto Hike for Hospice 2019 Partners, to host our 17th annual Toronto Hike for Hospice Partners – to raise awareness and funds in support of GTA hospice programs.
Last year, our partner hospices provided:
- – Visiting volunteer and direct staff support to almost 2,000 individuals in the GTA in need of hospice care
- – Caregiver relief, respite, support and resources, including over 65,000 volunteer hours
- – Counseling and care support to individuals and groups coping with illness, caregiving or bereavement
100% of all funds raised through Hike for Hospice Partners will remain in your community, to raise public awareness and ensure that hospice palliative care is available for people with a life-threatening illness or in need of end-of-life supports, and their caregivers and loved ones at no cost to them.
The number of people impacted by our programs is increasing yearly. With Toronto's rapidly aging population, and adults and children living longer with complex illness, the need for compassionate, hospice palliative care and support to improve people's quality of life, and support their caregivers and loved ones, is greater than ever before.
Hike for Hospice Palliative Care is a Canadian national fundraising event held across that brings together organizations working collectively in hospice palliative care to raise funds and awareness in their community.
- – Only 16% to 30% of Canadians who die currently have access to or receive hospice palliative and end-of-life care services depending on where they live in Canada. Even fewer receive grief and bereavement services.
- – Each death in Canada affects the immediate wellbeing of an average of 5 other people, or more than 1.25 million Canadians each year. (Estimate provided by the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association).
- – Hospice palliative care programs allow patients to gain more control over their lives, manage pain and symptoms more effectively, and provides support to family caregivers.
To Sponsor: Please contact email@example.com.
2019 Toronto Hike for Hospice Sponsors:
Community Partner Sponsor:
Sponsored nationally by: