Toronto Hike for Hospice Partners – Join Team Emily’s House / PAC – Sunday, May 7, 2017.
Published on: February 10, 2017
JOIN TEAM EMILY’S HOUSE / PAC!!!
Toronto Hike for Hospice Partners – Sunday, May 7, 2017
Riverdale Park West, 201 Winchester St., Toronto (Carlton / Sumach Streets)
Registration at 9:30 a.m. / Hike at 11 a.m. $25 to register.
Additional fundraising is encouraged. Have afor hospice!
Everyone eventually will be touched by hospice care – in their community, family, and in their own home. We invite you to help us offer compassionate care and support for families in our community. Come hike with us!
- – 5KM Hike in Riverdale Park
- – 2KM Walk in historic Cabbagetown
- – Live Music featuring Danny Marks – blues guitarist and host of JAZZ.FM91's Saturday Night Blues
- – BBQ / Kids Party / Crafts / Activities
- – PRIZES!!! For the first hikers to raise $100 or more, as quantities available.
Emily’s House / Philip Aziz Centre and Hospice Toronto have again joined forces, as Toronto Hike for Hospice 2017 Partners, to host the 15th annual Toronto Hike for Hospice Partners – to raise awareness and funds in support of Toronto’s community hospices.
Last year, our partner hospices provided:
- – Hospice volunteer and direct staff support to 1,782 individuals in the GTA
- – Over 35,825 hours of hospice care through volunteer support
- – Bereavement care and counseling support to 307 individuals, as well as over 200 group sessions to those coping with illness, caregiving or bereavement
- – Plus much-needed caregiver relief, respite, support and resources.
The beauty about the Hike for Hospice is that 100% of all funds raised will remain in your community to raise public awareness and ensure that hospice palliative care and support is available for people living with serious illness or end-of-life, and their caregivers and loved ones at no charge.
With Toronto's rapidly aging population, and adults and children living longer with serious illness, the need for compassionate, hospice palliative care and support to improve people's quality of life, and support their caregivers and loved ones, is greater than ever before.
Hike for Hospice Palliative Care is a unique national fundraising event held across Canada that brings together organizations working collectively in hospice palliative care to raise funds and awareness in their community!
- – Only 16% to 30% of Canadians who die currently have access to or receive hospice palliative and end-of-life care services depending on where they live in Canada. Even fewer receive grief and bereavement services.
- – Each death in Canada affects the immediate wellbeing of an average of 5 other people, or more than 1.25 million Canadians each year. (Estimated by the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association)
- – Hospice palliative care programs allow patients to gain more control over their lives, manage pain and symptoms more effectively, and provides support to family caregivers.
To Sponsor: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Toronto Hike for Hospice Sponsors:
Community Partner Sponsor:
Sponsored nationally by: